Please email Mahrud Sayrafi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Location of the talks
- The talks will be in Vincent 16 (enter via the south entrance).
- Registration, meals, and coffee will be in Vincent 120.
- ADA accessible entrance to Vincent hall is located on the south side.
- Please note that face masks are required in classrooms by university policy.
Getting to the East Bank Campus
- By air:
- Closest airport is the Minneapolis–Saint Paul (MSP) airport
- Directions from MSP by light rail
- By land:
- By water!
- Due north on the Mississippi river until you see the Weisman Art Museum:
For Days Inn, get off at the Stadium Village Station (three stops) and cross University Ave to the northerly side and walk east for a block or so.
There are few neighborhoods near campus with many restaurants:
- Dinkytown (10min walk north of Vincent hall)
- Stadium Village (10min walk east of Vincent hall)
- Cedar-Riverside (15min walk south-west of Vincent hall)
Things to see or do around town
- Mississippi river
- Walk over the Stone Arch Bridge to Mill Ruins Park.
- Stop by the Guthrie Theater for excellent views of the river!
- Go for a walk by the Bohemian Flats Park or the East River Flats Park.
- List of lakes in Minneapolis
- Lake of the Isles and Bde Maka Ska are accessible by any bus towards Uptown.
- The Weisman Art Museum is on campus and is free (donation recommended)
- The Minneapolis Institute of Art is also free and is accessible by a bus
- The Mill City Museum is across the Stone Arch Bridge
- The Bell Museum is on the Saint Paul campus and is accessible by a bus
- The Museum of Russian Art is in south Minneapolis and is accessible by a bus
- Visit Saint Paul!